The Family Support Services Program (FSSP) provides support through state general funds for families of people with developmental disabilities or delays with costs that are beyond those normally experienced by other families. The primary purpose of the FSSP is to support people with developmental disabilities or delays remaining within their own nurturing family setting and prevent out-of-home placements.
Find more FSSP information here.
What We Do
- Support families in schools, at court hearings, in meetings, and on the job.
- Assess needs and coordinate referrals.
- Assist with completing applications for Social Security benefits, Medicaid benefits, etc.
- Promote family stability and address needs that help the people we serve live the lives they want to live.
- Medical/Dental needs
- Assistive technology
- Home/Vehicle modifications
- Parent and Sibling support
- Other identified needs
As FSSP is not an entitlement program, there is no guarantee that funding will be available.
How To Qualify
The family member with the developmental disability must:
- Be a child or adult of any age with a developmental disability/delay, and reside with the family seeking support services.
- Be eligible and enrolled with TRE and living within El Paso, Teller, or Park counties.
- Meets program criteria determined through a “Most In Need” assessment.
Family Support Council
The Family Support Council is an advisory committee comprised of family members who have someone with an Intellectual or Developmental Disability living in the home, and community partners who provide input and oversight for the implementation of our Family Support Services program. This council gathers to understand available resources, explore state and local influences on FSSP, meet other families, and have a voice in decisions affecting FSSP. Meetings are held quarterly, the third Wednesdays of March, June, September, and December at The Resource Exchange.
To learn more about the Family Support Services Program or the Family Support Council, please contact Callie Tolbert, Manager of State General Fund Programs at 719.301.9109.
TRE Family Support and Services Program Annual Report.09.2022
TRE Family Services and Support Program Evaluation of Program Effectiveness FY21-22